Day 20 of my 35 Day Challenge
So, lately i’ve had a look in one of my many notebooks and i found some psychology hacks that i’ve learned over the years. So i decided to share the best 9 hacks with you.
- If you want to convince someone to do what you want them to do, give them 2 options. Both are ok for you. People usually have a hard time thinking outside the box and will simply pick one. – for example : do you want to pick me up at 7 or 7:30 ?
- If you ask for a big favor first, you’re more likely to get the small favor you suggest afterwards. And if you’re lucky you even get the big one.
- If you mirror the body language of your counterpart, you’ll be more likable.
- Get caught with something small to distract from something else. – There was a women who would cross the border a couple of times during the day on her bicycle with some mysterious bags. The border control would always check the bags, just to find nothing but sand. So they let her pass. Turns out she was smuggling bicycles the whole time.
- If you are negotiating, always make a break before you ask for anything. Don’t say a word. That way your opponent will want to fill the silence and start talking.
- If you’re asking someone something and you’re just getting short answers, just wait and be quiet and they will talk more.
- If you ever want to get in somewhere, where you’re not invited, just walk in like you own the place. Don’t look around, don’t hesitate. It works 9 out of 10 times.
- If you want to make more sales, just ask open questions like : “Why don’t you grab two more?” instead of yes or no questions.
- If you’re having a presentation, nod after every point you make to validate what you’re saying.
Let me know what you think of those 9 hacks in the comments below and feel free to like and share this post!
Kristina from Darling of Fortune